HIBIST DESSALEGN | ASSOCIATE
Ms. Hibist is an associate at MTA. She mainly assists on labour, civil society law, commercial and corporate law. Hibist also assists the Principal Attorney as well as the management advisory team of MTA in various administrative tasks.
- 2019 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Debre Berhan University
Sept 2019 - PRESENT Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
Aug - Sept 2019 – Assistant lecturer at Debre Berhan University
Feb - Jun 2019 – Intern at Federal High Court, Lideta Bench, Addis Ababa
Nov 2018 - Jan 2019 - Legal Councillor at Debre Berhan University Free Legal Aid Service Centre
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Labour law
- CSO law
- Commercial law
- Conduct legal research and contribute to World Bank’s survey in relation to joint World Bank/ World Trade Organization project supporting the AfCFTA negotiations for the government of Ethiopia.
- Assist in review of managerial and non-managerial employment contracts of Dexis, Boortmalt, Girl effect, Commercial International Bank of Egypt.
- Assist in review of employment handbooks/manual, collective agreements to Pagatech Limited, Cowater Sogema, Holland Dairy PLC, Dexis.
- Assist in drafting managerial and non-managerial employment agreements to Highlight Trading PLC, Tadcob PLC.
- Assist in annual update of the Worldwide Benefit and Employment Guidelines of Mercer.
- Assist in drafting Share Purchase Agreement, Asset Sale Agreement, and Board Resolution to Abyssinia Integrated Steel PLC.
- Assist in provision of employment related legal advice to Master Card, University of Biritish Columbia/CIRDI SUMM project, Cerberus, Mercer, Novartis, Marubeni, Lawtons Africa, Apposite, PVH, move one Packaging PLC, American Institutes for Research.
- Assist in drafting Memorandum of Understanding to Orphan Care Ethiopia, Abyssinia Integrated Steel.
- Provide legal advice in connection with operation and/or registration of Civil Societies Organizations such as Girl Effect, Ethiopia Stroke Initiative, DCAF, Orphan Care Ethiopia.
- Conduct legal research and contribute to Clifford chance’s research on Clean Hydrogen projects in Ethiopia.