HAYMANOT BELAY | SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Haymanot is an Associate at MTA. She has more than 6 years of experience in the legal service provision. At MTA, Haymanot mainly focuses on Banking and Finance sector in which she has been involved in reviewing and drafting finance documents as well as advising on different financing and security arrangements. Haymanot also advises on employment, corporate and commercial as well as aviation laws.
- 2014 Bachelor of Laws [LLB], Mekelle University, Mekelle, Ethiopia
- 2015 Bachelor of Arts [BA], Mekelle University, Mekelle, Ethiopia
- 2017 Candidate Master of Laws (Candidate LLM), University of South Africa
- 2020 – Present- Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
- 2015 - 2020 – Attorney at Ethiopian Airlines Group
- 2014 - 2015 – Assistant Lecturer at Mekelle University
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Banking and Finance
- Labour law
- Assisting Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (TDB) in its ongoing matter with Habesha Cement S.C. in connection facility agreement and securities.
- Assisting Credion Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH in connection the ongoing matter of loan facility with an Ethiopian borrower company.
- Assisting Oesterreichishe Entwicklungs bank AG in connection the ongoing matter of loan facility with an Ethiopian borrower company.
- Assisting Sunshine Business Group in the facility agreement with United States International Development Finance Corporation.
- Providing legal advice to Bloomberg on the legal framework for the provision of bond and FX trading Products in Ethiopia.
- Assisting Crown Agents Bank in connection with due diligence questionnaire on Ethiopian law regarding banking, payment, and forex rules.
- Providing legal advice to Goldman Sachs on the legal framework related with forex related products.
- Providing legal advice to Citi bank on the legal framework for provision of Bill of Exchange products in Ethiopia.
- Assisting Radisson Hotels Aps Danmark in reviewing direct agreement
- Preparation of legal advice for MTN on Security Laws of Ethiopia
- Review of FIDIC Based Construction Contracts, consultancy contracts and other documents and prepare legal analysis in relation to potential disputes to one of the well-known construction consultancy companies in the world
- Development of Clean Energy Online Tool to Simons & Simons LLP